November 2018 Daily Steppin'

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: 11/26

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:52 am

[quote="Lynx"]
I'm always reminding my SO that replacing the old with something new and thinking the new will be better is only probably true, but by not means certain. [/i]
Very true, but a new toilet is always better than one that does not work. Can you fix them or do you have to replace them? I commiserate, and no functioning toilets in the house is a serious problem. (Been there, done that. Didn't like it.)
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 11/26

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:53 am

Lynx wrote:"Something that’s perfect and awesome in your mind will often be stupid when you write it down. This is not a failure on your part, and it doesn’t mean you suck. It means you’re a writer, and you have begun phase one of making your story better. The moment you try to put things into words is when you find all the problems. That’s natural and normal, and every writer faces it." Andy Weir

I'm curious if anyone one would like to comment to enlarge this discussion beyond Elaine and myself.
Lynx

Me too.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: November 2018 Daily Steppin'

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 am

I took a giant step forward a minute ago, and was sent three steps back by the Internet. I've never posted on the "Politics" topic before. That's because what we elected scared the #$^%$#$^^&&^ out of me. Also, if my mother were alive, she wouldn't approve of my liberal political bent, and there's that little girl part of me that doesn't want my Mommy to yell at me. So today my giant step - I was going to post on "Politics" I was just going to quote Tituba and say I liked what she said. Not earth-shattering, but a first step. And I couldn't do it. I couldn't find the option to post, and I couldn't find the option to "quote" an old comment. ?????????
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

simply one hour for moi

Postby Lynx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 am

Hi everyone,

Determined that I'd spend my first full hour awake simply following flowing from one thing to the next. Mostly I'm prepping my emotions to stay out of the way when I call the city later to talk about some overcharges. Already I just reminded myself to calm down. I think I'll make a set of cards to flip through.

Re toilets: we have two, one installed in 1982/original and the other we replaced in 2010 which is a dual flow. The 2010 unit has corroded in the throat part and to patch it is more costly than a whole new one. It's our main/guest using toilet, naturally, so an appearance tweak really helps.

The other one works well but my SO get a remodeling bug from time to time and this is the current focus.

About no quoting or replying — that's odd. Could run conspiracy theories for a few weeks on that detail alone.

L
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: November 2018 Daily Steppin'

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks, Square Peg, for setting up a post for me on politics. This is so weird. I can post on other forums like this one. And other people can post on the politics forum. But i still can't post on the politics forum. Maybe it's mind over computer.- I really hate politics.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories