January 2019 Daily Steppin'

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: January 2019 Daily Steppin'

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am

The story about my Dad happened over fifty years ago. I probably should have said that.

I remember as a rebellious teenager asking myself "What's the point of manners anyway?" and an internal voice answered that manners are how we make people feel comfortable around us, how we show kindness and respect - at least that's what they should be.

They can also be used in the exact opposite way to make people feel small, but that's a different post.

(I'm a hugger.) I'm sorry that your friend misread your intentions.

Yesterday, I got on my computer, and my cursor had disappeared. Usually that means it's hiding in sides or top or bottom, but no it had completely disappeared. And if I right-clicked, nothing came up. Today, I opened my computer, - no cursor - and then, there it was! Yes!!!!!

To the page.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

cursor cat & mouse

Postby Lynx » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi Elaine,

The cursor was playing cat N mouse with you!

After a busy Sunday I cruised through today. Back to more energetic stuff tomorrow. Needed this day to continue my recovery from the sniffles & coughs.
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 am

I hope the sniffles go away very soon. Get Well!

I've been reasonably motivated lately. I still have visions of myself working a good six to eight hour day. It shouldn't be that hard to do, but I only get a couple of hours of writing done each day. Still, that's good for me.

Happy steppin'
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:19 am

Where did January go?????
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster