EXERCISE MAY 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: EXERCISE MAY 2019

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat May 04, 2019 3:51 pm

I flaked out yesterday. Was going to do 10 minutes of yoga but did nothing!

Today, I went for a nature walk with a friend. It wasn't aerobic, though. We stopped to look at plants and flowers and trees every 5 minutes. Wonderful time! It counts as movement, just not aerobic.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 am

Today I was just lazing around. Lot of work pending, didn't have a mind to do anything, I just read one of Jo Beverly's Malloren novels.
As for exercise, I dared to climb the stairs today and had a walk on the terrace for 10 mins. Not at all satisfying, but that has to do today.
See you.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm

I did my walk. Whew! I walked a little further than last time and I really struggled coming home. Lots of negative thoughts. " I walk so slow. I'm so weak. How did I let myself get this bad. Etc."

Caught myself doing it and tried to let it go.

Exhausted!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Had to lie down for an hour after walk. More negative self-talk about it. :bash:

Tried to change it to positives.

I did it. I walked. I walked farther than I did before. Since my goal is to do it 2x per week I've already done 50% of what I need to do this week. On a Sunday- first day of the week.

Other positives. The weather was perfect - warm, sunny, with a cool breeze. I did feel some endorphin-type feelings from doing it, despite the exhaustion.

One day at a time.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon May 06, 2019 3:00 am

Hi,
It is natural for us to be in the downside sometimes and everything seems to be gray and gloomy.
I appreciate you that you didn't let the gloom take over. Fine job.That shows your courage.
Keep it up.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon May 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Fine job.That shows your courage.
Keep it up.

Thanks. I needed to hear that today. How are you doing?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon May 06, 2019 1:35 pm

I did 10 minutes of yoga. I added a balance pose because balance is important for people as they get older. I didn't do too badly with it. Had to touch the wall to be careful but mainly balanced by myself. (This is the one where you stand and put one leg in 1/2 lotus and balance on other leg).

What will you do today, Lilitha?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi Inspire,
Here it is Tuesday 11.30 A.M.
Superb. You had done Bhagirathasanam, as the balance pose. It is an easy pose only for the fittest. Others like us will struggle to maintain the balance. Actually it is the counter pose for head stand. And shall I tell you an interesting thing? In our mytho stories, persons who want to achieve impossible things, will meditate on this pose with their hands joined above their head and with fires heavily burning on their four sides. A glorious example is King Bhagiratha who penanced to bring the heavenly river Ganges to the Earth, for many,many years. So in his memory, this asanam has been named Bhagiratha asanam.
Yesterday, I postponed it to the evening and a guest arrived. So my 10 mins time was blown to the wind. Today from the morning busy. So as usual planned for evening. I should do something today. Hasn't yet decided.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 am

Hi,
It is Tuesday 7.45 p.m. here.
Did some shoulder and arm exercises and leg lifts and holding in the belly for a minute and some fast breaths,belly in and out. In our gym, it is called train.
That's all. Not at all interested in doing, but mustered my will power and did it.
How easy it is to be lazy and how happy when we break it!
Thank You Inspire,only because of you I did my quota today.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi,

I did my 10 minutes of yoga. I added another balance pose. Kneeling and then rocking back onto balls of feet and balancing. Harder than the standing pose.

I also did my shoulder exercises and upper body weights.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 08, 2019 1:50 pm

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. Did an hour of yoga. Still couldn't sleep. Read for awhile. Finally, fell asleep in the morning. Yuck! I've been having trouble sleeping for a week or two.
I'm going to count the yoga last night as my exercise today. Sigh. I feel crappy and tired today.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi IS,
You are in stress, I think. If you missed a night's sleep , don't fret. You will sleep today. System will take care of itself. It happens to me often. Last week one day I didn't have a wink of sleep.
I just gave up and read a full book without bothering to try sleeping. Next day, dizzy and a little exhausted, but slept 4 hours in the day and a full night also. You did better of doing yoga instead of tossing and turning.
If insomnia continues, try 3 things instead of medication.1) Detoxification 2) Massage 3) Relaxation. You can contact your yoga centre to teach you specific relaxation breathing methods for insomnia.
Do things that make you happy and laugh. A hearty laugh relaxes a lot.
Myself on a wild goose chase on internet for an important investment, which ate all my time including that for exercise.Frustrated. Today should do something.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu May 09, 2019 7:16 am

Hi IS,
Today I did cycling. I have done the 10 days assessment of our exer program. After you have done yours today, I'll post it.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu May 09, 2019 1:06 pm

I didn't know we were doing a 10-day assessment! I'll go back and check it out. Good idea.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm

OK. Here's my 10 day report.

30 minute walk 2x
10 minutes yoga 3x
60 minutes yoga 1x
10 minutes arm weights 2x
1 day - 0

Out of 10 days there was only 1 day I didn't do anything. Since doing something (anything!) daily is the goal I did well.

How about you?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges