EXERCISE MAY 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: EXERCISE MAY 2019

Postby LalithaN » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 am

Hi,
This is May 15 Wednesday 6.50 p.m.
Today I did Namaskarams . this time I managed 74.
You asked about walking places I would imagine during cycling. I have gone walking in beautiful village paths and there are wide,shady avenues here where I live,where I have gone walking many dawns. But the walk- path that stirred my imagination and endeared me are the paths of Pemberley, a fictional estate owned by the hero of the story 'Pride and Prejudice'. You may think me a hopeless romantic, in fact I am, but the story is irresistible and you too would feel the same, if you read it. :wink:
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 am

Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite novel. I think it would be lovely to walk at Pemberley especially along the water where her uncle and Darcy went fishing.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am

It's cold and dark and rainy today. I'm trying to get myself to walk. 10 minutes is such a short time. So far, I've spent more time than 10 minutes just trying to get myself to go. It's 11:00 am so I still have a whole day to convince myself. If I can't I'll do arm weights.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 pm

I'm not going to exercise today. I've tried everything to convince myself but I give up. Instead, I've spent the day reading Pride and Prejudice!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed May 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi Inspire,
Happy to think we are two peas from the same pod. But I'm not convinced with your idea of giving up today. However romantic 'Pride and Prejudice' may be, you can read it after ten mins.
It is how I waste many of my days, just drowned in some book, instead of doing my project. why,for the last two days, I was absorbed in M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin novels, instead of sewing and doing dishes.I liked very much Agatha's insecurities and desperation, and how that leads into many incidents. But I found out that the fondness for stories have got much into my time schedule and I'm becoming a wastrel. I'm using my love of books to escape reality. It is some kind of illusion and I'm going to crack it, and bring myself back to discipline. How much I love my books, they should only have my allotted time and I'm going to be strict at it like my 10 min exer schedule.
It is the same for you Inspire. Sorry for entering in your personal space. You have all the rights to waste your time. But as your companion in this 10 min exer schedule, I cannot allow you to evade this schedule, unless you have valid reasons to do so. Be a good girl, stretch yourself and do your quota today and report it.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed May 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Hi,
This is Thursday May 16 9.25 a.m.
Today, I did cycling for 10 mins.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu May 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks for the gentle kick in the butt, Lalitha! I needed that. I am dealing with depression, but that's no excuse for not doing 10 minutes. I promise I will do it today.

I am an avid reader and a hopeless romantic, too. We are two peas in a pod!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm

10 minutes arm exercises without weights.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi,
So you did it. You compensated for Wednesday by doing twice on Thursday. Proud for you,Inspire.
Happy to get your friendship. What I wrote for you is what I really need.A kick in the butt. I am thinking about starting reading Brian Tracy's 'Just shut up and do it' again. A very concise, practical, no-nonsense book about getting things done.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 am

Hi.
This is Friday May 17 7.40 p.m.
I did cycling for 10 mins
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi,

20 minute walk. I think this is best for now. I was struggling with 30 minutes but 10 minutes hardly feels like a walk. I'm thinking of it as two 10-minute units of exercise. I'll stick with that until I feel like I can handle more.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat May 18, 2019 9:25 am

Hi Inspire,
20 min walk is a good idea. But it is a 10 min bonus. so always be consistent with 10 mins. Other than walk, you can do leg exercises for 10 mins and they are pretty worth 10 mins.
Then, today, Saturday, May 18 9.55 p.m.
I did 10 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Did my walk today. IN THE RAIN! I realized that if I'm going to eventually do 5 days a week of walking I'm going to have to get used to less than ideal weather. Ick!
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Looks like you've been doing mainly cycling lately. Is it getting easier?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat May 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi,
How did you walk in the rain? To me it is embarrassing to walk in the roads during a rain or even after the rain. Dress will cling to the body, umbrella will fly in all the directions, puddles in the road etc.. Maybe your roads are straight and smooth and the rain is just a drizzle or you are wearing a raincoat. Whatever, that is quite an effort.

I'm doing cycling regularly because it allows me to read an interesting chapter while melting my fat. It's also a medium level effort for 10 mins, neither heavy nor light. Sometimes I'll increase the resistance or cycle 2 or 4 more minutes, but I'm consistent on that 10 mins. Above all I bought that 15 years ago in a whim, and the exer-cycle is in a corner being neglected for years. In fact I want to learn to ride a real cycle on the road.

To be frank, I don't consider walking is a fit exercise, when you have only 10 mins. We have to balance the 10 minutes so that we could really get a good work-out, without getting exhausted. In my experience, walking gives a good blood circulation, that leads to a satisfaction of a good workout, only after 30 or 40 minutes. And there are videos for a heavy workout in just 10 mins. I saw them, but I don't think I'm fit enough to stay alive after that 10 minutes. So I chose a middle path, where you get both satisfaction and energised.

This 10 mins regular motivates me to do other exercises for extra 10 mins or household chores which involve a workout like mopping a floor with a rag by hands or sitting on the floor everytime etc. But I am making it sure never to miss a regular 10 mins and I never count those extras as excuses for avoiding the next regular 10 mins. In course of time we can increase the 10 to 15 or 20 mins schedule, but now I'm consistent with this 10 mins.

I'm getting a feeling that my waistline has thinned a bit[Wishful thinking!! :wink: ]
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges