Procrastination/Fear/Resitance/Support Group Online

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Procrastination/Fear/Resitance/Support Group Online

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:32 am

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry my suggestions were not helpful to you. As Elaine Glimme said in her post, ''Friends usually help me, although, being people, sometimes they say exactly the wrong thing. That said, friends are usually comforting, and their intentions are good."

I haven't read Rand. Atheism,when not rooted in hatred or despair, in its own way, is an uncorrupted form of worship. It is my idea. Maybe I have assembled it from my varied readings.

The suggestion to play with children may lead to trouble, is new to me. Playing with children make you a kid again. That's why I suggested that. Differences in social structure. Okay, the net result is I learnt a few new things and I thank you for that. I wish and pray for your health and happiness.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am

Hi LalithaN, it was good to hear from you. The suggestion to use yoga might be good. I don't know. I have mi Qigong DVD here. I will dig it out today for 20 minutes.

I happen to live kids but I would have to take possibly 3 early childhood classes before it would be regarded as "appropriate." Even though I love kids, I don't think it would be worth it to me.

Today I have blood pressure woes. Too high. But Qigong might be good for that!

Best always,
Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Mike,
Your post before the latest one was timed around 1.a.m. It shows you haven't slept. No wonder your BP hiked.

Wish you success in your Qigong.

I read in one of your posts that you want to write some children literature. Why can't you start it today? Just a simple outline for your story, who are going to be the characters, like that. You need not publish that for public, just for your own perusal and for your close friends. In this area I have experience.
My daughter brought a Korean serial from her college hostel, which was popular among the students then. It was an unwritten rule that I should see whatever entertains my children. How much I protest, they won't leave me. Nowadays I escape. We both saw it and was so absorbed, but the turn of events after 18th episode and the end were not suitable for us. It was a great TRP hit serial, but we didn't considered its ending apt. My daughter was so embarrassed. To console her, I wrote a screenplay for that serial from 18th episode and ended the serial as per our liking. I was satisfied with my writing and my daughter was so happy.
Not for any name or fame, just for my own happiness. Like that, you can write for your own happiness and in the end, if you want you can try for publishing it. who knows? you could be another Cervantes. I read somewhere, he wrote Don Quixote in his seventies. No need for perfection, just write what you like.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Ok, LalithaN, I will begin an outline today. Just thinking about it makes part of me feel like 18, not 73!

About blood pressure, I talked to a doctor at my HMO, Kaiser. I will try increasing my BP meds a bit first.

You make me feel like jumping out of bed:)

Danke--but what about you, LalithaN. What do you really really want to do?

Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:54 pm

I was at my bank. I got to talking with a pretty girl who was intelligent, ambitious to become an attorney, morally ambitious so as to do the right thing, and friendly. I waited till she was done with her business m I followed her outside to give her a note. When I exited the bank, she was at her car. I felt warning signals against approaching her then. I was pretty sure she would take it badly.

I felt so hurt that I didn't find a better way to wait for her.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 pm

LalithaN, I said I would write an outline for a children's book. But I did not do it. Maybe I am just so scared that no ideas will out or that somehow I will get things wrong and people will laugh at me for having the chutpah to believe I can just set pen to paper--and make something salable.

I can hear Barbara's voice, or maybe yours telling me that in the beginning of creation, it does not work to be practical and money-hungry.

I am still scared but I don't feel paralyzed now. I still don't want to do this work now. But I want to spend 5 minutes minimally tomorrow. I might end up spending more time, but at least 5 minutes. And if I want to do that, I had better do it in the morning. I might be called to do some phone work in the afternoon.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:57 am

Well, I wrote a couple hundred words, but it sounds so stupid. Well I have a different idea for tomorrow. My Inner Child Mikie will tell me what to write. Or
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 am

Hi Mike,
How did Qigong go? Take care of your health.

When it comes to love, I'm an atheist. So no use in asking me about that. But your post about the pretty girl rose 2 ideas in me. First you have the makings of a good serial writer. You stopped at an interesting point, let the reader wait on the chair's edge to know what happened next. Next, if you have written that anecdote in verse, it would have become a beautiful poem. Though not in the same way, your theme somewhere coincides with John Keats' 'La Belle Dame sans Mercy'.

Happy you wrote some hundred words. That's great. Don't worry about logic and coherence and never allow your skeptical mind to interfere with writing. You are writing for your Mikey. So write what you like. Did you see the movie 'Shazam'? A DC picture and I saw it with due expectations. The picture didn't stand upto its DC logo. So childish and absurd too. But if you see that like a ten year old, you may enjoy that. The only two things I enjoyed in that film is the hero meeting his mom and he reuniting with his new family. So if they can spend some million dollars and a lot of human effort to make such a picture for DC and dare release it for DC fanatics, why can't you write something what your adult mind will call absurd, just for yourself? Who is going to judge you?

And to attain effortless ease and elegance in a field, you have to put endless effort. So don't expect excellence at starting itself. Every step is progress.

Wish you All the Best,
Lalitha.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi again LalithaN, Today I cancelled work to go to the doctor. Blood pressure was too high and I was nauseous. Then I got a phone call from the doctor who took my biopsy. They need to try another way to see if there is cancer by my thyroid:(
I know I hate going to the doctor's. What might help is losing weight. I finally decided what night work for me. Twice a week I will take peanut butter or fruits for the day. The rest of the week I will use psychological approaches. I think I will lose about half pound per week. Nothing spectacular but I have been overweight my whole life and I am 73 years old.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:00 pm

I have just begun a weight loss list on this board. I hope you visit it and tell me what you think.
Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 am

Well I was looking at my place today. A friend who was coming over to help me clean is beginning to do less cleaning for the same money.
I have been thinking about me doing maybe 80% of the work myself and finally hiring a professional for the last 20%. Then I looked around and wondered if I would really do it. I don't know.
I know I don't like getting up with my back acheing and picking stuff up.
I guess I will set up a 5 minute minimum every day. Eventually I hope to work at half an hour per day. But that 5 minutes will be no matter how I feel
I will tell here what happens.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 am

Well, I did not do 5 minutes of housework yestetday, I gave been cancelled at work again, and the unemployment folks want to deny unemployment compensation by cooking up totally bogus issues against me:( I guess it really is time to create my own business.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 am

Every day when I read a new email about procrastination I always try to relate it to myself. As the days go by, I feel less depressed, more hopeful.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 am

Nowadays if I try to help someone on Quora, I then relate my answer to my own life. I didn't before.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 am

Today while riding 8n an uber, I made friends with the driver. We exchanged email addresses.Our idea was to share what we're doing and give each other mutual support as we improve our lives. I never did that before.
I sent him an email tonight.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams