New Users post here first

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: New Users post here first

Postby elarue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 am

Okay, I already made a post before reading the new user thread. Oops. I hope my post doesn't get deleted, but if it did, I'll repost it.

I just finished reading Refuse to Choose and definitely identify as a scanner. Specifically, I identify as both a Sybil and a Serial Master. There are some interests I want to take to their logical conclusion and others I want to engage in just because they seem fun. :-)

That's my brief intro. I posted more at length in another thread (which I hope I don't have to post again!) and I'll respond more as I get more feedback. :-)
elarue
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm

No worries! And Welcome!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby zegalogo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 pm

good forum i guess
zegalogo
New User
New User

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi, zegalogo!
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Kenza59 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am

Oh, damn, sorry, I hadn't seen this topic before I started posting!

So, hello everyone, I've recently discovered Barbara Sher's methods and have started applying them in my life. I wanted to discuss them with the community as well, just to check if I got things right or if I'm not speculating too much on what I understood! :lol:
Apart from that, I'm 34, live in Belgium, am a mother of two children, and work as an interpreter.
Kenza59
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi, Kenza,

Welcome, no need to apologize. Glad you found this site. And, yes, we're all Barbara Sher fans.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

introduction

Postby RCH » Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 pm

Hello all --
I first discovered Barbara Sher through "Wishcraft" at the public library in about 1979; I was 15 or 16. Despite having (undiagnosed, at that time) ADD, reading challenges made it difficult, but I made myself read it all the way through. It seemed to have such a clear and sensible method for being able to get what one really wanted. I think that I managed to incorporate some of its lessons into my life, but it wasn't until I turned 50 that I was diagnosed with ADD and given the appropriate medication. The effects were profound, and I was now able to read for as long as I liked, numeracy was no longer a problem, and I was becoming more organized all the time. I've re-read "Wishcraft" and read "It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now", and I look forward to fully implementing the things I've learned.
Thank you, Barbara!
RCH
New User
New User

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Hello RCH! Welcome to the Barbara Sher boards.

I, too, was introduced to Barbara's work through Wishcraft. Although I have read her other books, Wishcraft is what I keep coming back to read again each time I want to start a new chapter of my life.

How exciting for you to finally be diagnosed with ADD and be able to get medication that helps. I also had a life-long medical problem that has been recently made better through medication, so I can really appreciate what a relief it can be to finally be able to live life to the fullest.

Now that reading is a breeze, what books or topics do you plan to explore?

Do you have any new life goals or plans you would like to share with us?

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:07 pm

For all of you new users here are a couple of basic suggestions. Along the top of Forums you will see a line that gives you several options, including " View active topics". These are the areas where people are currently posting.

If you find a thread that you are interested in, but isn't active, you can bring it up to the active topics by posting something in that thread.

If you would like to start your own thread, pick a forum that you think it applies to and start a new thread. It will automatically be kicked up to the active threads.

If you have other questions about how the boards work, please ask us here.

Inspire Success
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Kenza

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Kenza59 wrote:, I'm 34, live in Belgium, am a mother of two children, and work as an interpreter.

Welcome, Kenza. Have you been able to find your way around the website? If you have specific questions about how things work, please ask us here and we'll do our best to help.

I'm so glad to hear Barbara's work has inspired you. Please share with us how you're currently using her methods.

I posted a little bit of help at the top of this thread so check it out and feel free to ask for help.

And please post in any thread that interests you. By posting, it will let people know there are new people interested in that subject.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SeanJordan1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 am

Hi everyone! Hope I'm doing this right by posting here.

My name's Sean. I'm 31 years old and I want to build a life for myself doing things that I find fulfilling, and hopefully helping others too.
This year has been a tough year, we've lost my brother's wife, at only 34, to suicide. I've tried to be there for my brother, hopefully in some way I've been helpful. As everyone knows, any kind of shock like this brings home how precious our time is. I've struggled to work out my path in the past, and I continue now, but Barbara Sher's philosophy sounds incredibly interesting to me. I've had a lot of therapy over the last couple of years dealing with childhood trauma, and I think I'm clear now that what often blocks me is the belief I *can't* do anything. Let alone my dreams. A bit like when Luke Skywalker can't believe it, so that is why he fails. Don't worry, my dream isn't to be a Jedi.

I act as a hobby, I love it, I don't know whether I want to or can do that professionally, I've struggled with that - whether I'm good enough or good looking, whether I really have the temperament . I did Creative Writing for my degree, and I recently did work experience for a big film magazine and there's elements I like, elements I don't. I've campaigned in politics. I love film and Tv and theatre. Even though I've always been unconfident, bullied and introverted, I have found myself being really outgoing, helpful and positive more recently especially in campaigning and stuff. I really like working with people and would like to help people and my community somehow, especially with so much hate out there. I'm fascinated by psychology. I hated working in sales, I hated much office work. I found café work surprisingly ok, so looking for that sorta stuff more to tide me over. But I still feel very aimless and struggling with my insecurities.

I'll hopefully post this somewhere on the board where I might get advice.

Thanks for reading.

Sean
SeanJordan1
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:18 am

Welcome, Sean! Yes, this is the best place to introduce yourself; you nailed it!

In these times filled "with so much hate," providing service with a genuine smile will "help people and [your] community" a great deal.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 am

Hi Sean, I posted a long response but it didn't show up here. I'll post again soon. In the meantime, welcome!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi, Sean,

I'm glad you found us.

You sound like someone who has some good ideas of what he wants to do. You have a very mature attitude toward acting. Maybe you'll be a TV star, maybe you won't. But you're finding ways to put you love of acting to use right now, and that's so great. If there's anything we can do to encourage you, feel free to post.

Good luck.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby JodyYarborough » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I hope I am doing this right. The whole forum thing is kind of new to me. I am a newbie here. I am just finishing reading Wishcraft, and am hoping to attend my first Success Team in January. Even if that doesn’t happen though (they didn’t have enough people for the last scheduled session) I am going to continue to pursue my dream based on the wonderful and tactical advice Barbara lays out in the book. I want to start my own t-shirt business... designing them myself and then going through a third party manufacturer/seller. Laying out all the steps of my goal has been very empowering. I hope to get more support and continued tips and advice from the community in these forum boards.

That is all I have for now. Many good vibes from me to everyone embarking on achieving their wishes and dreams!!

Jody
JodyYarborough
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion