Feel terribly depressed about my life

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Feel terribly depressed about my life

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm

I've tried for years to get back on track and getting nowhere. Was going to list things but there's no point. I can't seem to find a purpose in life. I look at Wishcraft, at what I loved as a kid and I've already tried to explore those things in the last several years getting nowhere.

I have no energy or hope for the future. I can't seem to even get the apartment clean or simple things like that for lack of any motivation.

The things I'm accomplishing are so simple like walking. I don't work and don't have family. Can't get anywhere with former hobbies. Don't seem to have any hope or ideas for the future.

I know I sound depressed but I'm not. Just massively discouraged.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Feel terribly depressed about my life

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry that you're in this place. The terrain is very familiar to me.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 am

Inspire,
I feel sad for you. As I myself don't know the solutions for these problems, I don't have words to console you.
I pray for you and I have faith that this too is a passing cloud.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 am

If you are feeling hopeless about your life and your future, you might not be able to pull yourself out of that spiral alone. I urge you to reach out to get professional help. There may even be a physical component (chemical) to those feelings. Once you enter the spiral of depression, it is not usually something you can do remedy yourself. Reach out to your community resources for help and we all hope you find your way.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 am

Yes, to everything Tituba posted. And i'm battling the same problems. I get depressed when I can't get any exercise, and my recent fall requires that I be very careful. Like LalithaN, I'll say a prayer.

Just a thought - You've done some truly amazing things in your life. Compared to them, what we're doing now doesn't look like much. But baby steps are better than no steps at all.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Thank you, everyone, for words of support. Tituba, I do have medication and therapy so I do have some help. Some days, some weeks, are just so much harder than others.

Seeing the homelessness in CA where I live reminds me of what good things I have. I've tried to put things in perspective as much as I can.

I'm still trying to reconnect with my estranged brother. I think if I can connect it would help. I miss having family.

As to being able to work or do hobbies -- it's -- no comment.

Thanks again for your support.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 pm

I just found out there may be a physical problem that is contributing or causing my inability to accomplish anything. I'm having some tests done to find out. If it's something physical, maybe they can fix it and I will feel up to doing some things again. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:18 pm

I hope the physical basis for your symptoms are cleared up soon, IS. The world needs all the creativity you can offer!

My wife's iron is low and the TSH is high indicating a sluggish / weak thyroid. She's in bad shape fatigue-wise. Trying to do what we can with supplements and diet (seaweed for thyroid, for example), but it's slow going. By the time an endocrinologist gets involved, I'm afraid the levels might slip back into "normal" range again.

Anyway, some doctors are quick to diagnose depression without doing a full medical work up. And even then, what's normal for the populace may not be good enough for the individual. What I mean is that someone who's accustomed to having somewhat higher functioning thyroid would feel miserable if it declined 20% or so.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi again. Got some tests done. Iron is so low doctor thought I might have intestinal bleeding but they did an endoscopy/colonoscopy and that's not the case. I will now get IV infusions of iron weekly for 5 weeks then go on supplements. The doctor said not to expect quick improvements with this. It takes time. I don't want it to take time! But I'll see what happens.

SquarePeg -- good luck to your wife with this same problem.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:31 pm

If the iron infusions work, that would be awesome. (Sorry for the teen-age adjective.) I'm hoping good things for you. I know depression too. It sucks.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am

Hi Inspire,
I admire your courage to undergo endoscopy and colonoscopy. These two tests take away all the idea to undergo a treatment to become well soon, from a patient's mind. My mom underwent these tests and she came to a strong decision that she would better die than undergoing any further treatment. We had to use all our coaxing soothing powers to make her continue and she half-heartedly agreed.

I wish you quick relief from your weakness and a full-fledged return to an active normal life. God Bless You and be on your side.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 am

inspiresuccess wrote: Iron is so low doctor thought I might have intestinal bleeding but they did an endoscopy/colonoscopy

That is exactly what I'm about to do as well. My doctor is trying to figure out why my iron is so low and I have an appt. for both procedures at the end of December. Right now, taking iron supplements. I have a bit of Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands. Mr. Google says RA can cause iron deficiency. I think there are other reasons for iron levels being low other than internal bleeding.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Good luck, Tituba. Let us know how it goes.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Good wishes to both of you, Inspire and Tituba. When we get older, it's hard to know whether there is something that needs to be fixed or whether the tiredness is just part of the aging process.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Good luck to all of us with nutrient deficiencies! I'm reading Paul Pitchford's "Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition."

I found a surprisingly topical (as in "relating to this topic") and lengthy excerpt online here:
https://www.dailyom.com/cgi-bin/display ... gi?lid=603

The idea is that you can be obviously deficient in some Thing, but the remedy might not be to take a supplement of that Thing. Instead, another thing that allows the body to absorb Thing1 might be lacking, so the short term approach might be to take Thing2. Long term, though, is to eat a diet of whole, unprocessed, unrefined foods grown or raised on nutrient-rich and "clean" land.

BTW, I've started to make my own sauerkraut.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions