Exercise October

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Exercise October

Postby LalithaN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:40 am

Hi Everyone,
Welcome to the new thread for October.
Everyone loves to have a fit and healthy body. Most of us are willing to work for it. But due to the hectic lifestyle, we don't have enough time and mindset to do a full work out and stay on a healthy diet plan.
We need not despair. we can conquer the Everest by simply putting one step after the other. That is why this thread is for. However small and humble your effort is, even that counts.
I and Inspire started with 10 mins a day. We have come a long way. And I pray Inspire gets well soon and returns to her active lifestyle.

Come, let us conquer the Everest.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Exercise October

Postby LalithaN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 am

Oct 1 ----0
Oct 2------ 25 mins 8 walk, 30 mins walk.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi, Lalitha,

just cheering for you right now.

I'm supposed to be working my elbow to increase the range of motion. - in other words, moving it so that it bends and straightens farther and farther. So maybe I'll be joining you in a couple of weeks. I haven't exercised in such a long time!
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello again. My health is still a challenge. I will fill in details sometime soon. I went for a short walk this evening for the first time in awhile. I don't know yet what my goals will be. Thank you, Lalitha, for continuing this thread. You might want to go back and edit the title to include the year, 2019.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:26 am

I tried but don't know how to edit a title.

Oct 3---0
Oct 4-------------20 mins cycling
Oct 5----------25 mins 8 walk
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Saturday 10/5 walk
Sunday 10/6 walk

I haven't started timing my walks again. Probably about 20-30 minutes. I haven't made it to the lake yet but I felt okay walking today.
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Wednesday 10/9 20 minute walk
Tuesday 10/8 0
Monday 10/7 short walk

I feel unmotivated. Need to recommit. Feel like I"m waiting for the Iron treatments to help but they don't start until next week. I'm taking supplements. I feel discouraged. I made progress without treatment. I should be able to continue doing what I was doing -- walking almost daily and walking 60 minutes. Discouraged.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Lalitha, what does "8 walk" mean? What does the 8 mean?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:57 am

Hi Inspire,
How are you now? From your posts, you seem to be in a depressed mood. Don't worry, in a few days, you would regain your health and stamina. I have faith in that.
Then, 8 walk. In a free 10 feet-10 feet space, you have to imagine an 8 figure filling that place and you have to walk on that with straight shoulders. That's all. This walk is considered to have double benefit than an ordinary walk. Don't ask me how. I don't know.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:33 am

Hi Inspire,

I have attached a post about 8 walk.

https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/8-wal ... 33100/post
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 am

Oct 7-----------0
Oct 8----------0
Oct 9-----------0
Oct 10---------20 mins cycling
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am

LalithaN wrote: Then, 8 walk. In a free 10 feet-10 feet space, you have to imagine an 8 figure filling that place and you have to walk on that with straight shoulders. That's all. This walk is considered to have double benefit than an ordinary walk. Don't ask me how. I don't know.

The benefit must be like walking a labyrinth. Supposedly, the turning back and forth on the walk is supposed to have some special health benefits. Thanks for telling me about it. I'm going to try it myself. Maybe on days that I'm not up to walking outdoors I can do that instead.

I noticed you didn't exercise for several days. I hope that's not because I'm not here and working out myself. Know that even if I don't post, I'm thinking of you and cheering you on.

My treatment starts next Wednesday. I wish it were sooner but that's the soonest they could schedule me. In the meantime, I'm still trying to walk, just doing shorter walks like 20 minutes.

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers. They help a lot.

I live in Northern California and our electricity is scheduled to be shut off possibly for several days due to the possibility of wildfires so I might not be online for several days.

Keep up the good work, Lalitha!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am

Hi, Lalitha and Inspire,

I'm still not getting any exercise. My hip hurts too much for walking, even twenty minutes. But I like Lalitha's idea of the 8 walk. I can do that at least.

Good wishes to you both.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Elaine, professional athletes do visualizations of what they want to be doing. It helps the brain while they are recovering from injuries. Maybe you could try some visualization.

Me -- Walked 35 minutes 10/10
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:12 am

Hi Inspire,
Lots of encouragement to you to undergo the powercut in your area. I know how it would be. Two years ago, in our area, there was a power shutdown for a week, due to heavy rains and floods.
Best wishes for success in health improvement.
I felt a lot tired, that's why I didn't exercise. I'm trying to see another doctor. I want to get rid of this fatigue and depressed feeling. Let us hope.
Then Inspire, are you taking enough Vitamin C and water? Take care, we are with you by feelings. I send a lot of healthy vibes for you.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges