Oakland Success Team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Oakland Success Team

Postby mrinfo » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:33 pm

I, too, would be interested in exploring the idea of forming an Oakland-based group. All interested please contact me. Ron
mrinfo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby fungineer » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:51 pm

Ron, is there a reason you started a new topic rather than chime in on the other thread? So far, there are a few of us that like the idea of an East Bay success team. I can do day or evening myself. Have you clarified some of what you want to do? Let's organize this EastBay success team online. Maybe we can do it all virtually. I would also be willing to do conference in something like Yahoo messenger or a scheduled chat. Let's keep the discussion live in a single thread too. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrinfo: <B>I, too, would be interested in exploring the idea of forming an Oakland-based group. All interested please contact me. Ron</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
fungineer
New Poster
New Poster

Postby mrinfo » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:08 pm

Hi Brian, Sorry about the techno faux pas. Too anxious to get my posting online. Anyhoo, like your idea about an online group as everyone in the Bay Area seems to be so damn "busy," myself included. Yes, let's keep this dialogue going. And, no, I have not yet gotten to the point of knowing what it is to pursue. Did take a workshop a good number of years ago in SF through the Learning Annex and subsequently participated in a success team but dropped out after a while (probably my crash, as Barbara would put it). I intend to read one of more of her books, though and take it from there. My problem is having so many interests. Need to focus, focus, focus. Please keep in touch. Ron
mrinfo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby fungineer » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:59 pm

I have suffered from the same feeling of a need to focus, focus, focus. Either it's not in our nature to focus or we just haven't hit upon the right thing to focus on or we just really need to get into a support group (like AA for people with diverse interests) CFA - Can't Focus Anonymous Hahaha...
fungineer
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Hushdwhisper » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:22 pm

Have either of you been following the recent discussion on divers vs. scanners? I'm begining to think I'm a blocked diver as I suffer from the same lack of focus. Faythe
Hushdwhisper
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby mrinfo » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:39 pm

Faythe, Where can I find the divers v. scanners discussion? You'd think it would be the opposite--scanners are those who only skim the surface and never commit to anything while divers (in other words, dilettantes) delve deeply. Looks like you are back east right now. Correct? I'm originally from NYC myself. Ron
mrinfo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Painter563 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:58 pm

Hi all, It's so nice to see all this interest in an Oakland area group. I would like to join a group with weekly in person meetings. I think regular, mutual in person support is most likely to keep us focused and moving forward. I remember on Barbara's TV show something about looking into the faces of your support group as the best motivator. I would also be willing to pay for guidance from a Success Team Leader but cannot find one working in the East Bay. If there is somebody, where are you? Do any of you know of such a person? -Byron Here is a list of the folks interested in an Oakland area group from both recent threads: mrinfo (Ron) fungineer (Brian) Hushdwhisper (Faythe) Flora Fauna caceo Painter563 (Byron) Did I miss anyone?
Painter563
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Kim in CA » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:24 pm

Hi Byron and group, I'll check on that Oakland leader for you... Kim Registered Success Teams Leader - San Jose area
Kim in CA
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby chrisgo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:17 am

Hi, I'm a registered Success Team leader. I live in Martinez but would be happy to lead a group in the Oakland area as well. I'll contact each of you in the next day or so - looks like a good team!! Christine
chrisgo
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby realistdreamer » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:20 am

OK, I don't know why there are two threads, but I posted this in the other thread. Hi all, I am excited about the idea for an Oakland success team. I was so glad to see folks suggesting one when I checked this board. I'm actually watching KQED right now. You can also use my community resource website to announce the group (or anything else for that matter) www.weloveoakland.com. The site is part of my dream, but there's more I need to do. Count me in for a contribution to the materials. How should we get organized and started?
realistdreamer
New User
New User

Postby realistdreamer » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:40 am

OK, you guys have got me really excited about this opportunity for myself and others. As I mentioned in my last post, you can use my site to announce the group. I also just set up a usergroup entitled, Oakland Success Team on the site (http://www.weloveoakland.com). The site also has a live chat function that will allow us to all \"speak\" at the same time. I\'ve tested it on Internet Explorer, but not netscape. To use these features of the site, you must register much like we did on this site. Once you register, just go to the \"usergroup\" link in the Forums section and join the usergroup. If someone has a better idea for communication, that\'s cool too, I just thought I\'d offer the service since it\'s free to all and doesn\'t cost me anything. I look forward to all of us using our gifts for what they were intended.
realistdreamer
New User
New User

Postby Painter563 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisgo: <B>Hi, I'm a registered Success Team leader. I live in Martinez but would be happy to lead a group in the Oakland area as well. I'll contact each of you in the next day or so - looks like a good team!! Christine</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Christine - I just sent you an email via your posted address. Please give me a reply soon. thanks, -byron
Painter563
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby mrinfo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:38 am

Hello all, In response to Faith's suggestion I would like to cast my vote for an online group. While a face-to-face would be ideal, for now a virtual group would make things much eaiser to handle. Perhaps if we can get this off the ground an occasional face-to-face check-in meeting (say once a month or so) might work. Would be interest to know everyone else's thoughts on this. I am flexible, however, and would consider a totally face-to-face group if that is what the majority is in favor of. Look forward to getting started. Ron
mrinfo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Hushdwhisper » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:47 am

I think that's a great suggestion Ron. I know I would have difficulty accomodating a weekly face to face meeting with my current schedule, but an occasional get together would be great. As for meetings/chats, I'm available evenings after 6:30pm (except Tuesdays) and weekends. I could also do early am meetings during the week. Blessings, Faith
Hushdwhisper
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby mrinfo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:37 am

Thanks for the positive feedback, Faith. I am very flexible regarding online chats. Early evening, just about any day would work for me. I have registered with the newsgroup Oakland Success Team within the Forum section of the We Love Oakland website. So, what is the next step? I am anxious to get this thing off the ground.
mrinfo
New Poster
New Poster

Next

Return to Informal Success Teams