Weblog link - and pricing question

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Weblog link - and pricing question

Postby MDG » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:49 pm

http://weblog.kilimwomen.com/ Enjoy! And leave a comment. Please, could someone tell me prices??? My computer won't go some places and I would really like to know, particularly the price of a certain small bag that I covet...! Image And the dolls... Oh, I would love to own those dolls! - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:08 pm

Hey MDG there's an order form with prices on the www.kilimwomen.com site (we should have a link, but we haven't started yet, really.) However, the order form was before Hands On Hips, Inc. had a Paypal account, and since our credit card account is giving us big headaches, we can't process a credit card right now. Also, the pillows are accidentally priced too high. So head over to the kilimwomen.com site, see what you want, and use PayPal to order, paying to handsonhips.org And the money will go right into that back account which we so cleverly set up when we became non-profit. A few more steps and we might look a little more professional. Right now I'm stuck an extra day in Raleigh NC because of the bad weather, and not feeling very on top of things. It's the miserable keyboards they always have on hotel computers. Absolutely stone age. Noisy. Have to hit the keys with your fists. (Whining off)
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:16 pm

Shall we whine in chorus? You can pound out a nifty bass with your fists and I'll drum a catchy staccato with my fingertips waiting for a download of the order form into a 'temporary folder'. Five minutes of this was all I could stand before I hit a banshee high note, and 'minimized'. Then I 'subscribed' to an update and returned here. I'm fighting a cranky firewall I foolishly bought when my computer genius friend was out of town. (Sheesh! Will I never learn?) Now, just to view the bulletin board, I must 'refresh' every page, at least once! And restart this silly machine, just to connect with my email server. Image Anyone want to trade a beloved old Mac for a barely-used nasty Windows ME??? (I can't afford to pay you much. Image) Anyway, Barbara, I just saw your above post now, and I must go in search of what is called a 'temporary file', in order to read the order form (if it is finished downloading yet). There is a 'Hands on Hips' small bag I covet. I'd love to sport it, full of Success Team stuff, and display it when I present your PBS video as an "Introduction to the Work and Dreams of Barbara Sher". ...A hands-on show-and-tell. I'll take pictures! (Ray likes this stuff, too! We've done lots of trade shows, etc., and he is 56 years a salesman and has travelled the world. This is a piece of cake to him!) Since tomorrow I become 65 (never fear, I am right behind you, Image), I kinda hoped the tooth fairy would see her way clear...if I put my b'day money under my pillow, and go to bed early... (That's 'tooth fairy' as in 'long in'. An 'in' joke no one will understand till they are in their 60's.) (Visited a gal in a nearby town today. She was doing a booth at a home show. I fed her date squares during her break and talked Success Teams. She'd be a wonderful leader. Got a date to talk more...) [This message has been edited by MDG (edited March 09, 2003).]
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:48 pm

Time to re-post the weblog link, so anyone may go there quickly... http://weblog.kilimwomen.com/ The ladies have finished the big kilim! And it is a beauty! Also, here is the website... http://www.kilimwomen.com/ My silly machine won't download the order form (nor even view it), so I can't yet see prices. If anyone knows, will you tell me? I am especially interested in the price of a 'small bag'!!! Perishing of curiosity ( Image), - MDG [This message has been edited by MDG (edited March 09, 2003).]
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:53 am

Uh...er... My subscription to the update came back undeliverable, and I can't post a comment to the weblog. (It won't roll down to the 'post' button.) (Sigh...)
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby From The Heart » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:25 pm

Dear MDG (aka frustrated firewall-challenged friend), I am so not pc/internet savy. Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with your firewall woes - I would be totally lost - good luck! Luckily, I have been able to download and save a copy of the order form. Would you like for me to email it to you? As for pricing info, here are a few items: Large Tote $106 Book Bag $68 Dolls $26 (cute, cute, cute) Just "holler" if you would like me to email the order form to you (assume you are able to download an email attachment. If not, we can try something else). Good Luck and a belated Happy Birthday! FTH
From The Heart
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:12 pm

Thankyou so much, From The Heart! (Doesn't that make a lovely sentence?!) You know, I am getting a banner across lots of emails that Outlook Express 'has removed a harmful whatever from this email'! That's on every one with an attachment, plus many that obviously had NO attachment, but show the little paper clip anyway! Sometimes the legend says there was a 'picture' attached. Many are 'replies' and the original message still follows the new text, and often the whole thing is repeated twice! I think someone is playing a joke on me. And I still feel like putting my finger in their eye, if I could only find out who. Could you tell me one more thing? Could you tell me the email address an order goes to? Our good Victoria told me, I think, but I have these great whopping piles of paper, and...uh...my file clerk is on...uh...strike. Image When and if the Tooth Fairy comes through... Didja know you get the Tooth Fairy all over again when you've had this many birthdays? Hehehe. Thanks again. - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Vict » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:53 pm

I\'m not sure if I e-mailed that part or not... here it is bsher@handsonhips.org
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby From The Heart » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:03 am

Dear MDG, I hooted over the "tooth fairy". Image Yes, I have been "crowned" by that little sucker several times in the last few years! I swear it sounds like you have entered the Internet Twilight Zone! Right now, the show's theme song is my song for the moment. I noticed that Victoria kindly shared the requested email address (feels wierd writing that - I am also a Victoria). Pls see below for some add'l info from the order form that you might need. Good luck ordering and good luck with your success team - I KNOW you will be a fantastic leader!! FTH ----------Order Form Info --------- Please include $4 for postage within the United States. Make your check payable to Hands on Hips, Inc. and mail it to: Barbara Sher, 123 West 93 rd Street, #5G, New York, NY 10025 or FAX your credit card information to Barbara Sher at (212) 662-0452: Name__________________________________________ Address________________________________________ City_______________State__________Zip____________ Phone Number___________________________________ Email___________________________________________ Credit Card number_______________________________ Expiration Date______ 95% of all proceeds go directly to the women of the Hands on Hips program and are tax-deductible to you. We have almost no administrative or fundraising costs.
From The Heart
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MDG » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:43 pm

Hehehe... Thankyou, darling Victoria! - Image - (I just couldn't resist that.) [This message has been edited by MDG (edited March 16, 2003).]
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:54 pm

MDG I'm so sorry I didn't see this topic until now! You saw and chose the very first bag ever, and I saved it for you. If you still want that one, let me know. I've been so busy with travel and a bunch of projects with deadlines that I haven't had time to offer anything and I haven't sold anything! I'm thinking of taking the order form down completely and asking for a donation -- after which the bag you choose will be Hands On Hips, Inc's Thank You gift to you (like in public TV). That way you can get a tax deduction, and the money will go straight into HOH with being taxed as well -- I think. Got to check with my accountant.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am

That's a splendid idea, Barbara. PBS seems to run their fund-raisers by inviting membership or station-supporter status with different premiums for donations at different levels. I've been watching KCTS, Seattle, to see if your programs are a part of their current campaign, but I haven't done a thorough check. I'm actually after your two videos from them, too. The last I heard they were US$100 for the pair, I think. I've ordered '...Second Life After 40' from Rocky Mountain PBS, KRMA, Denver, for US$24.95. The dears included the postage in that figure, too. I telephoned 303-620-5742 (Viewer Services Dept.) to place my order. I want at least the one video to circulate among some pals in other towns who would make fine Success Team leaders. (They know hundreds of people, each. Image) Also, I want to show your video(s) in various locations around Kelowna as a gentle and attractive introduction of the Sher concept. The small Hands on Hips bag would make a wonderful 'Show and Tell' item, I know. (I think there is an Angel in it, or two!) I have a brand-new day-planner/address book/notebook to go in it, as well. Image Still moving slow until the Tooth Fairy gets her act together. Many thanks.
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:19 am

Email me your address and it's on its way.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Kilim Women