Help! Can't decide on '06 goals ... timing important!

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Tricia56 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:11 pm

It sounds way too good to be true Ana. But let me know. I did a google and could find no background on the company. Hope it isn't some scam. I mean those wages seem way high - I think it might be Canadian dollar though.
My Blog is: http://www.Tricialovesbooks.blogspot.com Let go of the belief that the past could have been any different.
Tricia56
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:15 pm

Ok, the fog is clearing a bit. I was so excited when I saw it. Now I've read through all of it, looking in vain for an address, location, phone number, names. Nothing. I'll keep searching but if the site itself has no contact info, that's suspicious right there. I'll let you know what I find out, Tricia. I'm sure, like you, I was so hoping this would be something good. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jezicka » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:38 am

Twice now I've vowed that I'm not going to respond to any more of your postings, Ana. The first was on an earlier thread you started when, after being called on shooting down all suggestions-- many of them excellent-- that you had been given you said that you had gone back carefully through the whole thread and found nothing useful. Since I had contributed half a dozen or so of those suggestions-- and most of them were things that I had done and would do again in a heartbeat if I were in your shoes I could see that there was really nothing I could say to change your mind. The second time was after your astonishing response to Heather, Tituba and moviegal on the lottery thread, and then again to Tituba and AVATC here. If the only response the most wise and helpful members of our board get from you is to have you accuse them of trying to compete with you then I'm not inclined to put myself next in line for similar treatment. But I do find myself continuing to mull over your situation, and the question arises again of why? I think the reason is that I hear my parents' voices in yours and I find myself arguing with you-- at least in my mind-- as I did with them. They told me, as you tell yourself, that it is far too risky to go abroad. What if I got sick? What if I ran out of money? What if I lost my job? I told them that all those things could happen in the US-- with the difference that it would be much harder and more expensive to cope with here. They persisted that it was too risky, and I went anyway. In fact all of those bad things did happen to me at various times when I was living abroad, so they were right. And so was I -- because although I had times of not having enough money for the next night's lodging, things always worked out while I was abroad-- and the worst and most dangerous times were the ones when I came back to the US. I returned once as you did when my mother was sick and tried to make a go of it here. But the job market was bad and I had no health insurance. My conclusion was just the opposite of yours-- and my parents'. I thought it was far too risky to stay in the US under those circumstances and I quickly hopped a plane back to Taiwan. I'm convinced that I would be dead if I had tried to stay in the US. I was sick off and on for years with an indefineable malaise that turned out to be a cyst on my ovary that grew to a weight of 5 pounds and twisted over on itself three times. I eventually went in for surgery only when the pain was excruciating and had reached the emergency stage-- the doctor told me it was ready to burst, and if it did I'd be dead within the hour. If I'd been without insurance in the US I'd have avoided treatment which I couldn't afford and most likely would have left it until too late. I see that in arguing with you I am re-fighting those old battles with conventional wisdom-- battles which I thought I'd won. It makes me realize again just how powerful these ideas are when we let them get into our heads. Suddenly we begin to doubt even our own experience in the face of the utter conviction that what we want is impossible, too dangerous, that we're too old, too young, too something. And I noticed something else, too-- while looking at the 'magic eye' exercises I've been using to correct my vision I found that while thinking about your problems I was suddenly unable to switch effortlessly into seeing the 3-D picture-- something I'd learned to do weeks ago. I found my stomach clenching as it had when I started and the involuntary thought of, "I'm not going to be able to do this" floating across my mind. So it's not just that thinking something's impossible makes it so-- even thinking about someone else's conviction that's something's impossible makes your own 'impossible' tasks seem harder. So regretfully, Ana, I'm just going to toss in the towel on your problems and go back to my current enthusiasm of getting my vision back to normal after 40 years of increasing near-sightedness. I'm more than halfway there, but I know from my other impossible experiences how easily it can be undone if I let all the swarming 'can'ts' back into my head.
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:41 pm

EXPATANA THIS IS AN INAPPROPRIATE, UNPLEASANT POST. I'M DELETING IT. I don't like this. Don't do it again.
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:49 pm

I've deleted this one, too. On this board, you don't have the choice of being unkind, then kind again, as you choose.
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:03 am

Jezicka, I almost feel sorry for you. That you truly feel you can compare anyone else's situation to your own ... that you \"made it,\" so someone else will too as long as they believe it
Wow. :shock: You almost feel sorry for Jez? Your attitude and tone are so unwarranted. Jez deserves better. People spend their energy and time trying to help you and you slap them with attitude. You keep this up, and you are going to find many people abandoning you and your little drama. :roll:
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby moviegal » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Tituba wrote:
Jezicka, I almost feel sorry for you. That you truly feel you can compare anyone else's situation to your own ... that you "made it," so someone else will too as long as they believe it
Wow. :shock: You almost feel sorry for Jez? Your attitude and tone are so unwarranted. Jez deserves better. People spend their energy and time trying to help you and you slap them with attitude. You keep this up, and you are going to find many people abandoning you and your little drama. :roll:
Yes, this is why I have joined those who no longer will participate in your discussions. I could see early on from your attitude that I was just wasting my time. I wish you all the best in your endeavor, Ana. I hold no ill will toward you and I really do hope your dream of Spain comes true. Take care.
My dream in progress is located at http://www.shoomzone.com
moviegal
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby willow » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:44 am

Well, that's my case, too. Except I'm reading a lot of frustration from a few of you and I can't think of a single reason except that I haven't "used" anything you've contributed and a few egos are bruised.
You can't think of a single reason other than egos being bruised? Here's a reason - your tone and words are condescending. You have your life so together you actually posted that you "feel sorry" for someone else? If what you are doing is working so well, then you don't need to have a thread asking for help. Notice that Barbara Sher has deleted your insulting post above.
willow
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby expatana » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:44 pm

Those of you who chose to attack need not worry. I won't be posting here anymore. I've never heard so much meanness in my life. And a little hint -- I'm not the only one to say that. I've received support from here in that respect and I feel very good. Because the majority didn't choose to send hateful messages, I'm remaining present to keep up with everyone's progress and to take advantage of the wonderful exchanges via PM. Good luck to all. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:09 pm

You amaze me. After your meanness, to call others mean is quite stunning.Bon voyage.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion