PLEASE DO NOT PROMOTE SALES OF ANY ITEM

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

PLEASE DO NOT PROMOTE SALES OF ANY ITEM

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:42 am

I've deleted a topic by someone whose son wrote a book. I've deleted it from another forum as well. 1. I would have left the topic and put my message there, but the title of the topic was the name of the book. 2. This person opened her post with: "I have been a member for awhile..." However, the record shows he/she joined the board today. There are ways to mention things you've succeeded at, and ways that this board can support you, but if you are a new member and this is your introduction, we don't allow it. It opens us to too many commercial ventures. I always advise everyone to become known by helping others for at least a few weeks. When you show a willingness to offer real help to others, this makes others very happy to help you in return. The people on this board are very kind and responsive, and often don't check to see if a request is the first appearance of someone here, but I try to. To the rest of you, please click on the person's name to see when they joined, click on the link that shows all their posts and take a few minutes to see who you're dealing with. Although a person who posts may be very worthy and the cause may be worthy as well, we have to be cautious of any attempts to sell or promote sales of anything.
Last edited by BarbaraSher on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:52 am

Barbara - can you have Merk make this post a sticky so it won't get lost?
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 am

Where would it go? One of these posts showed up in Success Stories. I forget where the other one was posted.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:01 am

It wouldn't be bad posted first on all the forums.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

a reply

Postby mari » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:55 pm

I just wanted to let you know I am the person whos son wrote the book and I have been a member for a long time under sweetgypsy since I was inactive had to reregister. If I am promoting his book, it is because he is not able to do so himself. Also it is a success story for me as well as him. I also wanted to let you Know I have been a big fan of you since the 80s when I first read Wishcraft and also have a copy of teamworks. If you would reconsider posting this I think it could be helpful to many people. If you don:t believe I have been a member for a long time. I have posts about my wish to open a bed and breakfast, something which I am about to do and also my wish to be a teacher in Japan , which I am now. I am most proud of my sons book however as he and I went through so much together and I thought I had lost him at many points in my life. Just wanted you to know that you have helped me and I do feel a bit sad today
mari
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Sorry, mari, I didn't know you were here under another name. I wish you'd mentioned that. We get occasional spam here and we attack it like lightning because the non-commercial character of these boards is so important. Instead of starting topics in two different places with the name of the book and author, why not start a topic called "My son wrote a book" and in your post, explain more about what it is. I thought when I read your post that it might help people, and was very ambivalent about stepping in. If you hadn't named the post like an ad, I could have left most of it, but the only way for me to get rid of a name is to get rid of the whole topic. It was a misunderstanding. Don't be sad. Start again, and tell us more about your son and what he wrote about.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories