150 Steps in September

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

150 Steps in September

Postby Heather Duggan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:56 pm

OK, here's the challenge. Take 150 steps towards your goals this month. Nothing big - just little steps that take you where you want to go. A step is something that moves you towards your goals, and either takes at least 15 minutes or is emotionally difficult (like making a call you've been dreading). A goal is anything that moves you forward towards what you want. It doesn't have to be part of a lofty, thought-out goal. If you want to get in shape, your exercise sessions are steps. If you think you ought to get out more, getting out is a step. Each day, check in with the steps you've made so far.
Registered Success Team Leader Portland, OR
Heather Duggan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Longstrider » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:03 pm

WOOT!! I was getting worried Heather. You usually have the next month forum listed before the end of the month. Was about to start the thread for this month. (great minds think alike-at the same time) #1 Purchased my first Barbara Sher book I could do anything if I only knew what it was
Longstrider
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:17 pm

I second that notion. Thanks Heather for getting the thread up.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Goals

Postby missmuff » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:59 am

Hi Heather, I'm glad you are back! September's Goals: Upload more items to online jewellery shop Sell some pieces! Workout at least 5 times a week Learn more Italian Start making digital art Start paying off debts Get ready for Anniversary Short Break
missmuff
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Steps

Postby missmuff » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:23 am

Yesterday’s Steps 1) Read up on jewellery techniques 2) Cleaned flat 3) Printed off info on Slimming World 4) Ate healthy dinner with Kids 5) Told more people about my shop Today’s Steps 1) Worked on removing aertex in bathroom 2) Worked out 3) Started “food optimising”, never done this before so worth a try! 4) Watched hometown news for research 5) Looked at local property on the net
missmuff
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby jewelB » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:09 pm

Heather-- thanks! I love the sound of your Portland success team project! Longstrider-- I'm motivated by your story PLG-- Last class!! the future is in your sites ! missmuff-- I'm still excited about your jewelry upload My goals are to keep plugging along! September goals: Work Resiliency Workshops A Prayer Workshop Dream of next workshop offering Conceive story-telling approach to present my ideas Make connections Reading Home Organize (especially workshop materials) Garden Writing Essays (I've lost momentum, here) Lesson Plans Health Eating Exercising Gratitude Here we go! --jewelB
jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mango » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm late. My goal: financial independence. I want to transition from middle class worker bee to someone who does whatever her little heart desires. A few other goals (things that I've been putting off): -- sell laptop -- submit receipts for HSA -- start filing again -- pay taxes (long story) -- submit immigration paperwork -- clean and organize closet -- continue intuitive eating -- continue getting more exercise Yesterday's steps: 1. Followed eating plan. 2. Planned for the holidays. 3. Researched good, inexpensive wines. 4. Accepted a relief shift to make some extra cash. 5. Made homemade macaroni and cheese (8 frozen entrees). Today's steps: 6. Followed eating plan. 7. Watched a few episodes of 'What Not to Wear'. Edit: I want to add another goal: to start caring more about my appearance (dressing better, taking better care of myself).
Last edited by mango on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Longstrider » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Well here goes September... As with every month we all start out with goals: Keep job. Move into apartment. Repair Van. Gain weight. Enjoy life. Give Thanks. Then we begin the process of taking the steps to get there. I took the first step to one of my goals to learn to enjoy life by buying I could do anything #2 Sat around reading (Hey :!: It's labor day weekend :D I did set enjoy life as a goal) #3 Ate 3 meals at the right times. (gain weight) And finally the best part. Offer encouragement and give thanks Heather: Glad you made it! The thread wouldn't be the same without you. PLG: How can you be disorganized? You're got 6 goals listed! Go Girl! missmuff: Keep it going! You have things rolling so well! jewelb & mango: Look at ya'll :8) Posts all nice and neat! Tee's crossed and eye's dotted :oops: . Everybody mentioned and supported sooo properly :roll: Perfect form :lol: Already a step ahead! I'm jealous. Everybody... It's all your fault :twisted: I wouldn't have done it without ya'll :D Thank you Now, Lets get down to business. Limber up, get your stretching done and lets put that best foot forward and... Start step'n :arrow:
Longstrider
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby libcrystal » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:41 pm

Hello to all of you! I have been lurking this message board and have been admiring all your efforts and steps and I think the accepting attitude, cheerleading and overall support of this group is fabulous! I’d like to join in! I’m just starting to read Wishcraft and I love the success team idea. I’ll be checking into the LA team. Thanks for providing such a great place for this. My September goals: To organize my home office – getting rid of papers that are no longer relevant to my success (I’m a CPA - Still trying to figure out what is relevant, though!) Live a healthy lifestyle. (taking vitamins, drinking water, exercise – walk or yoga every day and eat more fruits and veggies) Be more socially active (Join a group or make a new friend.) Complete a current (new) client project which will meet their needs and lead to an ongoing working relationship, providing a source of income year-round. Yesterday’s steps (9/1/06) 1. Sent eight boxes of prior year client files to off-site storage! 2. Took vitamins. 3. Discussed project status with the client’s strategy consultant to coordinate and answer questions. 4. Worked on data entry for current project. 5. Went to the doctor to have ganglion cyst aspirated. (yuck) Today’s steps (9/2/06) 6. Found a contact for the LA success team at this website. 7. Took vitamins. 8. Moved one mini-project (mostly filing) to the sitting area so I work on it there when I need a break from the desk. 9. Made a difficult choice to NOT go to a party, so that I could complete a segment of the client project (this was a tough one – two conflicting goals!). 10. Researched and corrected some database problems on client project. Thanks to everyone! :D
libcrystal
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Libcrystal: Welcome.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:16 am

Fabulous job, PLG! And welcome, libcrystal. You'll be amazed at what you'll accomplish!

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jewelB » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:57 am

Welcome, libcrystal ! PLG-- that sounded like a terrific Saturday to me! Friday steps: 1. Met with cohort and compared notes 2. Distributed more posters 3-6. Wrote four rough drafts 7. Asked for a few more posters to be printed 8. Grateful for the support of others Saturday steps: 9. Retrieved electronic version of newspaper article 10. Revived my garden (it will be pleasant to sit there, again) 11. Made list to organize next week 12. Healthy eating 13. Grateful for a beautiful autumn day --jewelB
jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby scottjs » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:28 am

Well hell my first goal this month is to learn to post on the right month!! Here I am at long last. This month I will complete my flow chart! This month I will check out part time jobs. This month I will watch 12 hours of Disney DVDs and figure out which rides we want to go on!! And this month I will say hello to my new friends! Hello everybody! Thanks for your support. scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:47 pm

Today's steps: 8. Followed eating plan. 9. Took the dog for a walk. 10. 30 minutes on the exercise bike (6.9 miles). 11. Bought a lawnmower (this will save us $160 per month). 12. Watched a few more episodes of 'What Not to Wear'. 13. Read and took notes on the book 'What Not to Wear'. 14. Used Crest White Strips. 15. Tried a clay masque. 16. Bought manicure supplies.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

September

Postby Cha! » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi everyone! I'm glad to see you're all off to a flying start! Libcrystal - welcome! This is a wonderful group and we're happy you've joined us! Longstrider - I wish you lived closer to me. I fell off my health wagon yesterday and baked a cake. I ate a few bites and gave it away. That would have helped you gain weight! ;) My goals for the month are: Home: Make roofing replacement arrangements Clean kitchen appliances Sell furniture online Clean bedroom Organize papers Sell items I no longer want/need Outside: Clip dead branches Fill lawn holes with dirt Waterproof woodwork around garage doors Burn brush pile (if it ever stops raining long enough to dry out!) Finish caulking work Social: Check out writing group Make plans to meet friends for lunch Attend professional group meeting Health: Eat well daily Drink water daily Exercise daily Early to bed/early to rise - improve sleep hygiene Make appts for check ups Financial: Re-evaluate retirement savings Begin saving for project Steps today: 1. Worked at neighborhood yard sale - sold several items! 2. Clipped dead branches 3. Bought dirt for holes in lawn 4. Enrolled in online class re. selling online 5. Requested prospectus for different investments 6. Exercised 7. Ate well - overcame urge to buy candy :twisted: Keep up the great work, everyone! :) Cha!
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories