The Telephone Classes

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

The Telephone Classes

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun May 05, 2002 10:29 pm

Hi Barbara, This is "Mary from New Jersey." I just wanted to let you know how much I loved the teleclass. I hope you realize how much you help people find what they were meant to do. It's a wonderful service you provide and I was honored to be in on the phone call. It seemed like everyone listening in truly cared about Elizabeth's future. If I find out more info on the NJ social services agency that doesn't want big credentials on their payroll, I will certainly post it like you asked. Thanks again, Mary
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:13 pm

6/24/02 10:06 AM, > Barbara, > > Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your teleclass. I was > interested in hearing the voice behind the books; I can see where your years > of experience have helped you zero in on the core of the issue whether > someone is aware of it or not. > > Cindy >
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:37 pm

>These telecourses are such a support to me that I would happily sign up for >all of them. Please keep me posted on the next ones to be offerred. RL
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:44 pm

9/9/02 it was another >wonderful, amazing session. > >Thanks so much, >
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:46 am

Barbara Sher's Bulletin Boards   General Discussion   11/6 teleclass - wow! CK I listened in on my first teleclass last night, and all I can say is -- wow! Barbara has a real knack for focusing in on a person's dreams like a laser and providing a wealth of ideas for them to consider without any pressure, just like trying on clothes. And she *listens*, not just to what a person says but what the person doesn't say. Silence and voice tone are just as revealing as words, and Barbara is willing to use those cues to delve deeper. What I like most about Barbara (and what places her in a league above any motivational speaker) is that she's practical. Hard-nosed practical. The teleclass is like reading her books, but in concentrated form. If you have the time, definitely listen in on one! Hi Barbara, Just wanted to tell you that, as a listener, I was very inspired by tonight's class...actually everytime I listen to you talk it gets my attention back to what's truly important. I read part of "I Could Do Anything..." years ago, but it wasn't until I saw and heard you for the first time on the San Jose PBS (KTEH) last year that you caught my full attention...your humor and straight talk really grabbed me (I attended your San Jose April workshop and I've been been working with your tapes since then). You say the work you do with people is just something you enjoy very much. And it clearly shows. I heard how completely natural you are at this work tonight, and how, about just under an hour, C, our subject, went from a few interest areas to sounding completely focused and excited about her direction! I think it would be such a dream to be that inspiring and effective with people. I'm looking forward to Sunday's class (yes I signed up for both!) for further inspiration and ideas. Thank you for putting the great work out there that you do in different venues and making it available to so many... RG P.S: I love what you're doing in Turkey and am glad to be a contributor to that through these classes. Coco Hello Barbara and all who shared my session last Wednesday. I've posted a short response over on the jobs forum about how pleased I am over having had such a wonderful opportunity and what steps I've already taken toward my dreams. Barbara asked dead-on questions. She targeted my excuses. (ie. how much time spent doing house work,shopping, clothes washing etc. was not necessary.) She pointed out that my love of theater,hisory, travel,biography was always in my life(Diver not Scanner)and that trying to avoid my loves was not necessary to create a fullfilling life. I didn't have to keep trying to find another career. Those loves are my career. My lifes purpose is in the enthusiasim I share with others when I "do" or "indulge" my passions. Barbara showed me another way to unite my love of acting and history and being a mom. Bring a show to the schools! Perhaps do a collaberation with another actor! I've already contacted another actress about the possibility and have talked to another friend about taking a playwriting class together this January. Barbara pointed out that my dislike of typing hasn't anything to do with not being a writer. (I'm pre computer keyboard age, born in 1953 and hated typing class in highschool, wouln't write termpapers because of the typing involved and didn't go as far in collage as I would've like because of this paralizing fear.) Typing is painful to me because I'm always inverting the letters. 'e' for 'i','s'for 'l' and so on. I also hate to write because I write like English is a second language. I didn't conceive of hiring someone to type and edit my work! I love doing research and sharing what I find.Barbara opened a door that I thought was closed to me. She also helped me expand my love of learning. I don't want to go back to school, (too many papers) but I'd love to be exposed to new and interesting ideas and to study in depth literature, philosopy, history etc. I will look at auditing classes. Awesome in the real sense of the word. I've found an Irish Geneolical Society in the newspaper that meets 4X a year and only costs 2$ to attend. I'm going to check them out. I've contacted the West Galway Historical Society and have started getting birth, death, marriage info on my fathers family I feel less resentful about helping my husband with his business (which he loves and brings in a good income for our family but it isn't my love). It's technical for heavns sake!(Consumer Electronics Sales.) I can now look at it as a means to an end. 1. Day job for acting like I use to have before marriage. 2.Gives me flexabilty with my hours , watch kids,keep household organized, go on auditions, contribute to family income.3. Since I sleep with the boss I can go on lengthy vacations to interesting places every now and then as long as I take our son and DH gets lots of personal time in exchange. Barbara helped me be me. Corny as it sounds I've always been running away from my loves because they weren't practical. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for helping me see that I can be "sucessful" following my loves and to use others help if I get stuck and need some guidance to help me keep those loves in my life. Another new concept is I'm helping the economy if I hire someone to help my with household work. I'm not being a lazy snob! I hate to cook, clean and do laundry all the time. It's life in hell to me. Oh yea. I owe all this clarity to Barbara's telesession. She listens to the silences and well as the words.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:15 pm

manifestyourpotential Member Barbara et al Thank you for opening up and letting us see inside your "bag of magic tricks" in the teleclass! For anyone who hasn?t listened in on Barbara?s teleclass, these top four do not do justice to hearing the way she weaves her way through the counseling session, clarifying here, validating there, whipping up a 10 course fantasy at a moment?s notice and sweeping all those pesky details out of the picture to transform the client?s voice and move them from point A (Absolutely No Idea of Where My Passion Is Hiding) to D (Dream in Sight) in less than 2 hours. It is one thing for someone to tell you the highlights of a musical performance, and quite another to actually hear it!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby VictorE » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:16 pm

Idea party March 30th! Just as fabulous as I expected it would be! Barbara, I'd gladly donated twice that much to your dream, uptillion times as often, in a heartbeat. Cudos to the dedicated dreamers for sharing! Anyone on the board who hasn't tried it - big recommendation!! Have I already said that was great?
VictorE
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to Rave Reviews