Barbara's Workshops

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Barbara's Workshops

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:10 pm

> > I first saw you during a pledge drive for Thirteen. I just had to hear you > in person, so I signed up for the September 25th workshop at the Learning> Annex in New York. The experience surpassed my expectations, in fact, I> cannot wait for the next time you are in New York so that I can bring my > friends.
Last edited by BarbaraSher on Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Tue May 07, 2002 1:08 am

To all who have read a Barbara Sher book, or seen her on TV, and come here to see what Barbara teaches, give her Workshop a try if you possibly can. You have never seen anyone even remotely like Barbara Sher. Warmth and good humor flow between Barbara and her audiences. She will tease you and surprise you in the nicest possible ways. No one is ever embarrassed or 'exposed'. She even tells you up front 'if you hear me trash your favorite theory, ignore me' There is a reason why her videos show Sher audiences smiling and nodding - they are enjoying themselves, and agreeing with her simple truths. Me, too. [This message has been edited by MDG (edited May 08, 2002).]
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri May 10, 2002 2:52 pm

I really enjoyed your presentation yesterday. I went back to work after the session and my co-workers are saying that I was "bouncing off the walls", which is a good thing, in my estimation. I'm hoping to convert my father who is a devoted Covey follower to your concept, although I'm afraid he thinks he can just do it all on his own. I'll just have to get him your book on tape so he can ruminate over it while driving. Thank you for sharing your inspiration. I am excited to get ot work on my dream of being a spa reviewer/critic for magazines. What could be better than getting paid to endure massages, get personal exercise guidance and eat spa cuisine? I'll let you know how it turns out as soon as a bunch of strangers (my yet to be formed success team) help me debunk the "can't do it" myth of attaining my dream. Your presentation was BRILLIANT. HOW'S THAT FOR ADULATION?
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Vict » Thu May 30, 2002 12:23 pm

CindyLee The workshops she's run recently are three hours, but I'm sure you can check wherever it is you're signing up. Allow a bit (20-30 mins?) to swap phone#/e-mails afterwards as well. She also makes time to sign books, so if you have 'em, bring 'em. -V
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby CindyLee » Thu May 30, 2002 1:43 pm

Thanks Vic! I am so excited I can hardly wait. CindyLee
CindyLee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby michele » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:45 am

Barbara, I want to thank you for your user friendly bulletin boards and inspirational workshop series. I attended your workshop in Vancouver in the spring - the inspiration I felt that day didn't 'fizzle' like a balloon after, but blossomed and expanded. I had wanted to move back to Toronto for years but hadn't had the courage and confidence to respect and act upon that desire. I was afraid it would be too expensive, too difficult, and too isolating. It's now September and I am living in downtown Toronto in a beautiful, reasonably priced apartment with two good friends and loving every minute of it! My circle of friends is expanding and I am enjoying the vibrancy of an urban metropolis. I have a tremendous sense of well-being and pleasure in daily life as I know I am where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. All in the course of a few short months! Now I am turning to the task of following my career goals. Since 'isolation is a dream killer,' I am now looking into finding a Sucess Team in my area! Thanks for being who you are and for following your dream so we could figure out how to follow ours! Michele
michele
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:46 pm

I just left your presentation in Holyoke for the Spirit of Women and I loved it. An actual day of learning and laughing with no shoulda's or oughta's.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:30 pm

Hi Barbara, My husband and I attended your KETC-Channnel 9 Seminar on September 29th. Neither of us really knew what to expect....but we both were astounded by the enthusiasm in the room! We are from the Illinois side of the river and found 16 other souls when we seperated by geographical area. We all quite quickly set up a meeting for Monday, October 1st at a local restaurant. To our mutual surprise, all 16 showed up for our initial meeting! I think this is going to be a very active "cell" (I've been hearing a lot of that word on TV, but I think it might apply here! ha!). We've done some initial organizantional work and have agreed to meet again on Monday, October 8th. Everyone in our group felt somehow changed by the Seminar. I will keep you posted on our impending successes.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:55 pm

Barbara, You can't know how wonderful it was to attend your seminar at USF Sun Dome with my mother, Jan, who supported WEDU/WUSF and purchased, with her memebership pledge the tickets to your seminar, your book, the tapes. Barbara, I was the wild woman in red with a "bell on". You allowed me to give you a hug, which did make me teary, just because I'd held out for so long, just to have the chance to meet you on a personal level at your seminar. You are truly amazing, (Kudos, we all need them, whether we admit it or not), I laughed, I cried, I rejoyced, I found courage, support and strength, from your presence. What an exceptional view you have of the universe and it's unfolding to offer people! My Mom and I enjoyed every second of your seminar. Your video tape, book and audio tapes wiil "make the rounds" to wonderful women I know, who can use your courage, great humor and insight to make their own personal dreams come true! I cannot thank you enough, Barbara...you are the REAL DEAL, not some "pie in the sky", fluky, goofy, New Age "feel good" guru. (I did not develop the "slow leak" on the way home from your seminar in Tampa to Belleair Beach, as you mentioned you've experienced so many times yourself.) You are earthbound, yet your dreams soar, practical, but at the same time, so very spiritual, (I know, I know...your friends hound you with that, but YOU ARE so very spiritual, dedicated to a greater good, a stronger power, a love of life and what we each do with the gifts we are given.) Barbara, I will be in touch with you, whether you're here in the USA or in Turkey... Barbara, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for being you, and sharing yourself with those of us who need your encouragement and direction, especially in the Tampa Bay area. Much love, many prayers and good wishes, S
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:00 pm

uthor Topic:   Nine years later muskoka9 New Member Posts: 3 Registered: Jan 2003 posted January 27, 2003 08:32 PM                ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In 1994 I attended one of Barbara's workshops in Toronto. Right at the end of it I went up to the mike and called for a team to help me find a house. In July of that year we found one, and we're still in it, althought it doesn't look quite as it did then. The town where we live gave us an unasked for award for improving its appearance. It began as a two-roomed cabin on what was called the Sand Barrens in 1879. Now it's one of the four white clapboard houses at its intersection, and the only two-storey one. It has echoed with the laughter of four grandchildren, two of whom we expect to visit us tomorrow. Thank you, Barbara and the Dream Team. I found your website only today. Be talking to you soon.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:08 am

on 2/3/03 5:29 PM, > > Question: > > Barbara, > > You can't know how wonderful it was to attend your seminar at USF Sun Dome > with my mother, Jan, who supported WEDU/WUSF and purchased, with her > membership pledge the tickets to your seminar, your book, the tapes..Barbara, > I was the wild woman in red with a "bell on". You allowed me to give you a > hug, which did make me teary, just because I'd held out for so long, just to > have the chance to meet you on a personal level at your seminar. > > You are truly amazing, (Kudos, we all need them, whether we admit it or not), > I laughed, I cried, I rejoyced, I found courage, support and strength, from > your presence, but, much more so from the lovely, unique people you forced me > into a "groupm of three" with. What an exceptional view you have of the > universe, and its unfolding you have to offer people! > > My Mom and I enjoyed every second of your seminar. Your video tape, book and > audio tapes wiil "make the rounds" to wonderful women I know, who can use your > courage, great humor and insight to make their own personal dreams come true! > > I cannot thank you enough, Barbara...you are the REAL DEAL, not some "pie in > the sky", fluky, goofy, New Age "feel good" guru. (I did not develop the > "slow leak" on the way home from your seminar in Tampa to Belleair Beach, as > you mentioned you've experienced so many times yourself.) You are earthbound, > yet your dreams soar, practical, but at the same time, so very spiritual, (I > know, I know...your friends hound you with that, but YOU ARE so very > spiritual, dedicated to a greater good, a stronger power, a love of life and > what we each do with the gifts we are given.) > > Part of the "group of three strangers, (to whom I lied, and about whom I > gossiped)...Ja, and the utterly lovely Ju, (from LA, the guy who wants > to build boats), and a group from Clearwater and Belleair Beach, will be > getting together a "Success Team", at my funky, very Bohemian, "Hippie" house > on Belleair Beach. I can only imagine what wonderful things we will > accomplish. I didn't think I was a leader, capable of leading the "Sucess > Team", but oddly enough , at the end of your seminar, after you'd left, a > beautiful woman, named Donna, approached me and asked, "WHO are you, and how > do you know so many things about so many of the questions, and obstacles that > people mentioned during the Question and Answer portion of Barbara's seminar?" > I said I didn't know, but I did know that I WILL do what you do...in some > fashion or another. I'm a "facilitator", I mmotivate people to DO things. > Donna was the person who wanted to sing, but was tone deaf, coudn't read music > and can't sing...I told her to start a > singing group ANYWAY! The requirements are simple..."You must be tone deaf, > can't read music, sing or play an instrument in order to join Donna's "Tin > Ear" group. That way, NO one cares if you can't carry a tune in a bucket, > read music or squeek and screech on a violin or murder Chopsticks on the > piano! Donna's face just lit up like fireworks at the Fourth of July at the > suggestion. All I could say was, "You go, girl!" > Barbara, > THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for being you, and sharing yourself with > those of us who need your encouragement and direction, especially in the Tampa > Bay area. > > Much love, many prayers and good wishes, > > Samantha > > your seminar, after you'd left, a > beautiful woman, named Donna, approached me and asked, "WHO are you, and how > do you know so many things about so many of the questions, and obsticles that > people mentioned during the Question and Answer portion of Barbara's seminar?" > I said I didn't know, but I did know that I WILL do what you do...in some > fashion or another. I'm a "facilitator", I mmotivate people to DO things. > Donna was the person who wanted to sing, but was tone deaf, coudn't read music > and can't sing...I told her to start a > singing group ANYWAY! The requirements are simple..."You must be tone deaf, > can't read music, sing or play an instrument in order to join Donna's "Tin > Ear" group. That way, NO one cares if you can't carry a tune in a bucket, > read music or squeek and screech on a violin or murder Chopsticks on the > piano! Donna's face just lit up like fireworks at the Fourth of July at the > suggestion. All I could say was, "You go, girl!" > > Barbara, I will be in touch with you, whether you're here in the USA or in > Turkey...If I can rub together enough nickels, (and I WILL), to purchase the > "Success Team" leader" informational materials, I will do it ASAP. Barbara, > THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for being you, and sharing yourself with > those of us who need your encouragement and direction, especially in the Tampa > Bay area. > > Much love, many prayers and good wishes, > > Samantha > > >
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:24 am

Hi, Barbara! I attended your workshop at the Learning Annex last night (4/8) and was totally blown away. Having read your books, I liked alot of what you had to say, sometimes putting it into practice, sometimes not. However, seeing you in person was such a thrill. You are not only funny, but I loved your energy and passion up on the stage. Also, I admired the way you "told it like it was." But I wanted to share with you something amazing that happened during the second exercise (Eavesdropping). As I was listening and writing down what I heard, I found myself on the verge of tears throughout most of the exercise until the hotdogging started. I not only heard such beautiful things and comments being made, but many if not all of them were right on the mark with my dream of being a professional working actor. Most improtant, this came from two strangers who had never met me before, yet picked up on something inside me that I hadn't heard in a long time. One image was when one of the women saw me as the Barbara Streisand character in Funny Girl singing on the boat (it's the Don't Rain on My Parade number). Wow! Thank you again Barbara! I can't wait until your next workshop or until I can order the tapes to hear your messages again. With love and best wishes! C.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:12 am

DearBarbara: I remember that when I was a very little girl,probably second grade, walking home from school all by myself and thinking"I can do anything." And I remember riding my bike, thinking, "I'm on my own, and I can do anything!" That was put on the back burner until now, at age 64, I STILL KNOW that I can do anything! Ever since I saw your National Public Television presentation, and subsequently came to your workshop in Kansas City, I have believed it possible to achieve my dreams. Why, I even have a vague idea now of what those dreams are! Thank you so much, Barbara, for helping fan the fire that I thought had all but died. I will write. I will travel to beautiful places and write about the wonders I find there. I will help others see. I will write about how the soul never quits knowing. There is so much beauty in this life to share with all who will but look. MH
Last edited by BarbaraSher on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:54 pm

Date: Friday, February 27, 2004 Time: 11:21 AM Question: Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your seminar at the Learning Annex on Wednesday evening in N.Y. You were refreshing and real. I've read all your books, even saw you in person before but your energy and humor was so more than I expected. The evening was truely special for me. Thank you. Sandy N.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Rave Reviews